How to turn off Find My iPhone – The Find My iPhone feature is very important to be able to find and track a lost iPhone.
Or because you forgot the location of the iPhone the last time you put the iPhone.
But is the Find My iPhone feature always useful and useful?
It could be that the Find my iPhone feature is being misused for things that are not good.
This is because other people can track your position and location, because you share iPhone location information with other people.
Therefore you must turn off Find My iPhone so that it is not tracked or searched by others.
By disabling Find My iCloud, your location will be safe and cannot be known by others.
To turn off the find my iPhone feature, let’s follow the steps below.
1. How to Disable Find My iPhone
You can follow steps like the following, which is nothing but turning off the Find My iPhone feature on your iPhone or iPad.
The method is as follows.
- Open the Settings app from an iOS device such as an iPhone or iPad.
- Go to Privacy – Location Service – Share My Location. You will find the iPhone or iPad location share settings.
- Turn off the Share my Location feature. Just select a single tap of the knob to turn off location sharing settings.
- Done, if it’s dead, then your iPhone or iPad can’t be tracked and searched again by others. This is because you have turned off the feature that can share your location with others.
In this case, we recommend not sharing location access with other people, except for people closest to you and you really know such as family or relatives.
Of course this is to prevent unwanted things. How? It’s easy to turn off or disable Find my iPhone.
2. How to turn off Find My iPhone, Without a Password
On iOS 12, 11 and 10 there is a recurring notification bug that can be exploited.
The method is also very easy to do. Follow the steps below for how to turn off find my iphone without a password.
- Open the settings app and iCloud menu
- Enter a random number when in the notification enter the password and tap done
- After entering a random number password the iPhone will give a wrong password notification, tap OK and select cancel / cancel
- The iCloud menu will reopen
- Tap the account and delete the description
- You will return to the iCloud menu again and Find My iPhone will automatically turn off
If your device is on iOS 9 and 8, the DNS method can be used to turn off Find My iPhone if you forget the password.
I haven’t tried this method myself and don’t know if it can be done or not. The possible way to do that is.
- Go to settings and go to Wifi.
- Click the symbol (i) and enter DNS 22.214.171.124.
- Click done and sign in to iCloud.
- Turn off Find my iPhone.
3. How to Turn Off Find My iPhone, Without Password iOS 7
In addition to iOS 12, 11 and 10, iOS 7 also has a way to turn off find my iPhone without a password that can be used to turn off find my iphone without the need to enter a password.
If you have iOS 7, maybe you can use the method below.
- Go to settings and select the iCloud menu.
- Click delete account, and select turn off Find my iPhone
- When the iPhone gives a notification, enter the password, do not input anything, and immediately turn off the iPhone by pressing the power off button.
- Restart iPhone and go to iCloud menu
- Click delete account, and the Find My iPhone feature has been turned off by itself.
4. How to Reset Apple ID Password to Turn off Find My iPhone
The next step if the above method doesn’t work is to reset the Apple ID password.
You can reset your Apple ID password and Apple will send a password reset link to your primary email address.
The thing to remember is whether you have authentication factors such as cell phone numbers, and security questions.
The way to reset the Apple ID password is better if you use a laptop / computer and can follow these steps.
- Open a browser and go to iforgot.apple.com
- Enter the Apple ID that you want to reset.
- Follow the next steps given by Apple.
To reset the Apple ID password can also be done via iPhone
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Name in the top menu.
- Tap the password menu.
- Tap change password.
- Follow steps on iPhone such as security questions and other authentication factors.
How to Unlock an iCloud Locked iPhone
Need to be a little careful when buying a used iPhone, it could be an iPhone with iCloud lock is a stolen iPhone.
Not a few also open the service of how to open stolen iPhone iCloud. It’s another thing if we buy a used iPhone and forget to turn off Find My iPhone.
If the iPhone is reset and the OS is upgraded through iTunes, the iPhone will be locked in iCloud lock.
This activation can be unlocked by bypassing the iCloud activation via the iCloud.com website.
We just need to contact the previous owner and follow the steps below to bypass the iCloud activation.
- Open the browser via the laptop and open the icloud website
- Enter Apple ID and password
- Select the Find iPhone menu
- Select the iPhone you want to unlock iCloud activation for and click the (x) symbol
- Click Remove on the pop up notification
- iCloud locked iPhone has been successfully unlocked
There are many ways you can turn off find my iPhone. Some of the ways above can be used by only taking advantage of bugs from Apple.
It’s very important to turn on Find My iPhone. And it is very important to remember the password.
My tip is to distinguish Apple ID from your main email and it is very necessary to note the main Email password when registering it as an Apple ID.
Don’t forget to turn off this feature if you want to sell your iPhone or give it to a family member, or friend.
Please write in the comments column if the above method can be done on your iPhone and if you have other questions about iCloud.